Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DSM - part II - parents' night out!

My parents graciously agreed to watch the boys for the night so Jim & I could have a night out. We went to the local AAA baseball game for the night - we thought about doing the Farmer's market the next morning...but didn't want to b/c of all the stuff going on that weekend downtown.


The DSM skyline...
Yes, there really are big, tall buildings in Iowa not just farms and cows and pigs...



SecTaylor Stadium, um, I mean 'Principal Park'



See...it's Principal Park now...
the scoreboard



It's funny, when the stadium is built for the fans, you can actually SEE the players!



Obligatory picture (YUCK!)
Notice our matching I-Cubs hats - yeah, they were free...



DINNER!
Chicago dogs & drinks



Jim made me do this...
Me, Jim, "Cubbie"



Look how close we are!
Jim almost caught a fly ball (would have except he was holding dinner in his hands); and almost caught a T-shirt, too...but the guys next to us got it.
Afterwards there were fireworks, which were really LOUD and made us really glad the boys were at grandma's house!






No comments: