Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trip to the FW Zoo - June 2009

We took a trip to the FW Zoo to meet up with some friends. Unfortunately, due to traffic & various other things, we didn't get to see our friends until almost the end of the trip, but the boys and I still had fun watching the animals. I also learned that this particular zoo is not very stroller-friendly...and that Peter should not be allowed out of the stroller unless we invest in some sort of degrading leash-type thing...or Jim is there to help corral him.




The boys LOVED the flamingoes.
These were the quiet ones, which amazingly, my boys preferred over the very loud ones on the other side. PEter calls them 'mingoes'; Andrew has started calling them by their proper name - which is good, but also sad, as I liked the term 'eagle-mangoes'...



This is one of my fav pics of Peter.
Don't worry...it was a happy scream, I promise...




In the midst of searching for our friends, we stopped here to have a snack.
Notice Andrew wearing a raincoat - it is NOT raining and is actually quite HOT & muggy outside - I think he just liked it because it was 'unca luke's' coat





The boys watching the penguins.
They liked watching them waddle & swim,
I liked that the building had A/C



This car was, sadly, the highlight of the trip.
Notice Peter waiting patiently for his turn...
he was NOT so patient when I made him get out so we could move on...



random kid, Peter, Andrew, other random kids playing in the fountain
This cemented the learning experience of 'why Peter can't be out of the stroller'

No comments: