Friday, July 31, 2009

Visit to the Botanical Gardens

One slightly cooler Sunday morning (i.e. -it was 85 instead of 105) we decided to go to the Botanical Gardens in FW. The boys had a great time running around...unfortunately, most of the flowers & stuff were not blooming (or maybe just killed by the previous weeks' crazy heat?). We got sausage biscuits from McD's for a special treat...which attracted some local wildlife, like the crazy stalking squirrel (which I did NOT get a photo of).



Peter, Pop-pop & Andrew walking up the stairs



Peter, Pop-pop & Andrew
Peter missed the memo to 'stand still'


Overlooking the rose garden from the balcony
Very cool view!


The boys' running off to explore on their own





Wandering around the Gardens
Notice Andrew's 'Iowa State' shirt - it attracted the attention of another garden patron who stopped his car as we were walking by to ask if we were from Iowa. He had gone to U of Iowa. I had NOT noticed the shirt and was thoroughly confused (and sort of freaked out!) as to how this complete stranger knew I was from Iowa!

No comments: