Friday, September 18, 2009

money pools

We drove by one of the local park/exercise center/pool today - the club-type place that charges admission or monthly/yearly fees. Andrew saw the really neat pool with big slides and thought it looked really cool...which was of course followed by, "Can we go there sometime?" I tried to nicely explain that because you have to pay money to go to that particular park, probably not!

A few hours later, we drove by the same park again on the way home.
Andrew: "There's that cool park again!" (I'm not sure if this was excitement at seeing something familiar...or the thinly veiled 'I'd like to go there, so I'll mention it to mom again b/c she's surely forgotten that when I mentioned it earlier she said, 'no', which he has been practicing quite a bit lately).
Me: "Yep, there it is. But I think it's closed."
Peter: "money....pool. ...money...pool"

Ha! At least one of them was listening!

No comments: