
(This is not the same sunset described below, but another one earlier that week)
While driving westward one evening, the boys and I were treated to a spectacular sunset. The kind you see in movies or on postcards...or the really annoying supposed-to-be-uplifting e-mails.
The sun was sending out beautiful orange & yellow rays of sunshine through lines of puffy white clouds and the sky was starting to change from blue to the oranges and pinks and yellows of late summer. It was really just fantastic.
I said something to Andrew about how pretty the sky looked and how beautiful God had made it.
Then I said something along the lines of, "didn't God do a good job painting the sky and sun and clouds with all the pretty colors?"
Andrew laughed like that idea of God painting the sky was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard.
I asked him if that was funny. He said, "yeah"...still chuckling.
I then asked him how it got to be so pretty if God hadn't painted it.
He replied, "He just asks the sky to do that stuff, and they do it".
Well, there you have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment